March 11th, 2020
Dear Valued Patients,
On 3/11/2020, the WHO officially declared the novel Coronavirus (nCoV) a pandemic. As you likely know, active cases of nCoV (which causes the coronavirus disease COVID-19) have already been confirmed in our local community. While we do not feel this presents a reason to panic, it does necessitate new office policies.
In an effort to protect the collective wellness of our patients, we ask that you call and reschedule your appointment if any of the following apply to you or to any immediate family member in the same household:
· You have traveled to China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, or Japan within the last 2 weeks.
· You have a fever, cough, changes in breathing pattern, or vomiting.
· You have recently come into contact with a person infected with nCoV.
If any of the above do apply, we recommend staying home and contacting your primary care provider. Late cancellation fees will be waived. Further information on nCoV and its sequaela COVID-19 are available at https://www.lexingtonky.gov/coronavirus-response or via the COVID-19 hotline at
We are utilizing all reasonable measures to keep our office clean and we are following CDC guidelines on disinfection. Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk. We ask that all entering patients follow posted instructions on hand washing/sanitization. Tissues are available in every room; please use tissues to cover any cough or sneeze.
Chinese Medicine has shined for millennia as a preventative form of treatment. In keeping with that history, we recommend that all of our patients and their loved ones do the following:
· Stay hydrated
· Get plenty of rest
· Eat nutrient-rich, fresh foods. Foods abundant in Vitamins D, C, and Zinc are especially beneficial for immunity.
· Continue with regularly scheduled acupuncture appointments (if none of the above apply).
· Utilize moxa or acupressure on acupoint Stomach 36 for 1-3 minutes daily.
· Contact us for herbal recommendations that can be sent directly to your residence.
We are available via phone and email for any questions or for distance herbal consults.
Rest assured that we are taking the threat posed by nCoV seriously. We will keep our patients updated on any changes as the local situation progresses. Your health and safety are our top priorities.
Sustaining Health Acupuncture